Total Pageviews

Friday, February 5, 2010

WATCHES space ...


A balance wheel that oscillates at 360 000 beats per second is as close to an obsession with an orgasm that I'll allow myself.
And it's not because I believe that there's something, per se, wrong with sex. Hell, no! Sex is really pretty normal, isn't it? But, it's because the above-mentioned balance wheel rotates at such a speed, and within the confines of a 42 centimeter circumference steel casing, that I am presented with something erotically abnormal.

As a diary to my passion this forum will serve as the culmination of everything I know, and everything I need to know, about horology. It will form the basis of my study, and the articulation of my desire. It will serve as a record of my attempts to understand and create the fine and intricate details surrounding the mechanics of the gear-train and movements, the smooth arc of the automatic timepiece's second-hand and the beauty of something we have the tendency to limit ourselves to seeing as an instrument of time.

I therefore invite you all to a diarised orgy of Babylonian proportions, and to offer the foreplay of your thoughts, but insist that you keep it clean.
We're sticking to pure timepieces here.

No comments: